iPXE discussion forum
QLogic\BMC 57810 driver issues - Printable Version

+- iPXE discussion forum (https://forum.ipxe.org)
+-- Forum: iPXE user forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: QLogic\BMC 57810 driver issues (/showthread.php?tid=14865)

QLogic\BMC 57810 driver issues - bishop - 2018-10-19 00:48

Hi All

I have 2 servers one with and embedded nic and the other one has the nic in a PCI slot. he firmware on the nics is fairly close the embedded is xx.yy.63 and the PCI is xx.yy.75

Both servers are HP DL380p GEN8, both nics have chip listed as undipci in the config output. The PCI ID is 14e4-168e. Which is not listed in the HW list.

The NIC which is in the PCI slot get's a DHCP address but has not network "connectivity". If I run ping from the iPXE console then the network has connectivity. The moment ping stops so to does the network.

Any idea on how to troubleshoot ?

RE: QLogic\BMC 57810 driver issues - MultimediaMan - 2018-10-19 12:53

First: What version of iPXE are you using?

Second: Is your iPXE binary undi (*.kpxe *kkpxe), native (*.pxe), EFI (*.efi) or snponly.efi?

RE: QLogic\BMC 57810 driver issues - NiKiZe - 2018-10-19 21:43

(2018-10-19 00:48)bishop Wrote:  Both servers are HP DL380p GEN8, both nics have chip listed as undipci in the config output. The PCI ID is 14e4-168e. Which is not listed in the HW list.

When you run it in undi mode, it by (the PXE) design should only be able to use one nic (the one undionly.kpxe was loaded via)

To have full support you need native iPXE driver, or switching to EFI could also be an option.
One warning tho, there is several issues with those Broadcom nics, so I would say that you are kind of lucky to have one working Wink