iPXE discussion forum
windows 7 iscsi boot fail - Printable Version

+- iPXE discussion forum (https://forum.ipxe.org)
+-- Forum: iPXE user forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: windows 7 iscsi boot fail (/showthread.php?tid=7082)

windows 7 iscsi boot fail - 3lixy - 2013-10-29 17:58

Hey guys,

Firstly a nice piece of software iPXE many thanks for your work.

I was able to install windows 7 to an iscsi target using wimboot flawlessly thanks to your guide.

My problem is that when I try to boot to the iscsi lun there is a startup error or crash (depending on ipxe script config).

This config:

#!ipxe
sanboot iscsi:192.168.0.17:::0:iqn.2000-01.com.synology:HARPY.name

has the following error
[Image: cxvxcvxcv.png]

----------

This config:

#!ipxe
sanboot --no-describe iscsi:192.168.0.17:::0:iqn.2000-01.com.synology:HARPY.nam

windows starts to boot the logo appears then a few seconds later it crashes and reboots

any ideas would be appreciated.

side note: I also cannot sanboot win7install iso's either.

RE: windows 7 iscsi boot fail - robinsmidsrod - 2013-11-03 23:10

Is the network card you have properly supported by both Windows PE AND Windows? If it is, you might have an unsigned driver slipstreamed into your install medium. You should try to boot up the first time with driver signing disabled and see if it makes a difference.

RE: windows 7 iscsi boot fail - 3lixy - 2013-11-04 15:08

Thanks for the idea, I assume this can be done from windows pe?

(2013-11-03 23:10)robinsmidsrod Wrote:  Is the network card you have properly supported by both Windows PE AND Windows? If it is, you might have an unsigned driver slipstreamed into your install medium. You should try to boot up the first time with driver signing disabled and see if it makes a difference.

RE: windows 7 iscsi boot fail - robinsmidsrod - 2013-11-08 12:40

On the first sanboot, just press and hold Shift, or press F8 to get the Windows startup menu. Disable checking for driver signing there and the driver should install properly and work the second time around.