iPXE discussion forum
Embedded scripts extract from ipxe binary - Printable Version

+- iPXE discussion forum (https://forum.ipxe.org)
+-- Forum: iPXE user forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Embedded scripts extract from ipxe binary (/showthread.php?tid=7942)

Embedded scripts extract from ipxe.krn - sebus - 2016-02-02 22:43

It is possible? Or to read it?

Thanks

sebus

RE: Embedded scripts extract from ipxe.krn - mcb30 - 2016-02-03 20:38

(2016-02-02 22:43)sebus Wrote:  It is possible? Or to read it?

There's no supported way to do this. The easiest way in practice is to boot up your iPXE binary in a VM, dump the VM's memory to disk, and search through the memory dump for the string "#!ipxe".

Michael

RE: Embedded scripts extract from ipxe.krn - sebus - 2016-02-03 20:47

Thanks, the bit I needed was in fact published elsewhere, so did not have to go to this extend

sebus

Extract configuration script? - subsoil - 2018-07-31 07:23

Hello everybody,

due to a reinstallation I have lost my ipxe build environment and the included self-made configuration script file. I have the undionly.kpxe and ipxe.efi files which were compiled with an embedded config script.
Is it somehow possible to extract this embedded configuration script out of these binaries. For example by decompiling?
Thanks much for your time and help

RE: Extract configuration script? - NiKiZe - 2018-07-31 17:59

(2018-07-31 07:23)subsoil Wrote:  I have the undionly.kpxe and ipxe.efi files which were compiled with an embedded config script.
Is it somehow possible to extract this embedded configuration script out of these binaries. For example by decompiling?

Hi (I moved this post to existing thread), as you can see from the comments above, there is no recommended way of doing this,
And the best way is to boot it in a VM and take a memory dump.

RE: Embedded scripts extract from ipxe binary - subsoil - 2018-07-31 21:21

Thanks much, I will try that...