Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QLogic\BMC 57810 driver issues
2018-10-19, 00:48
QLogic\BMC 57810 driver issues
Hi All

I have 2 servers one with and embedded nic and the other one has the nic in a PCI slot. he firmware on the nics is fairly close the embedded is xx.yy.63 and the PCI is xx.yy.75

Both servers are HP DL380p GEN8, both nics have chip listed as undipci in the config output. The PCI ID is 14e4-168e. Which is not listed in the HW list.

The NIC which is in the PCI slot get's a DHCP address but has not network "connectivity". If I run ping from the iPXE console then the network has connectivity. The moment ping stops so to does the network.

Any idea on how to troubleshoot ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-10-19, 12:53 (This post was last modified: 2018-10-19 12:56 by MultimediaMan.)
RE: QLogic\BMC 57810 driver issues
First: What version of iPXE are you using?

Second: Is your iPXE binary undi (*.kpxe *kkpxe), native (*.pxe), EFI (*.efi) or snponly.efi?

"Thus far, you have been adrift within the sheltered harbor of my patience..."
Find all posts by this user
2018-10-19, 21:43
RE: QLogic\BMC 57810 driver issues
(2018-10-19 00:48)bishop Wrote:  Both servers are HP DL380p GEN8, both nics have chip listed as undipci in the config output. The PCI ID is 14e4-168e. Which is not listed in the HW list.

When you run it in undi mode, it by (the PXE) design should only be able to use one nic (the one undionly.kpxe was loaded via)

To have full support you need native iPXE driver, or switching to EFI could also be an option.
One warning tho, there is several issues with those Broadcom nics, so I would say that you are kind of lucky to have one working Wink

Use GitHub Discussions
VRAM bin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)