Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed to restart TFTP issue
2017-07-26, 11:43 (This post was last modified: 2017-07-26 11:57 by SebastianRoth.)
RE: Failed to restart TFTP issue
(2017-07-24 03:29)richard_chen Wrote:  SebastianRoth, thanks for your reply,
I'm sorry to say nothing about the quantity of DHCP&IPXE, we found if there only have one DHCP server, it can boot normal. if there have two and more DHCP, it will happend this issue.
I get these packets with wireshark from mirror port on the switch, and packets like bellow,
1. DHCP Discover
2. DHCP offer --- DHCP 1
2. DHCP offer --- DHCP 2
2. DHCP offer --- DHCP 3
3. DHCP request ---source:0.0.0.0 Des:255.255.255.255
4. DHCP ACK----Source:XX.XX.XX.XX(DHCP serverip) your client ip:xx.xx.xx.xx
5. DHCP request
6. DHCP ACK ---- boot file name: boot\x86\wdsnbp.com
7. TFTP ---read request, File: boot\x86\wdsnbp.com
8. lots of packets for wdsnbp.com by TFTP
9. DHCP request
10. DHCP ACK ---- boot file name: boot\undionly.kpxe

Ahhhhh, now I see the picture a bit more clear:
  1. You have several DHCP servers which are all handing out IPs in different scopes. While this is not a standard setup I suppose this could work when setup properly. That said I still wouldn't recommend doing it as some clients might get confused when getting several answers with different IPs and PXE information!
  2. From the wireshark packet listing I get that you are chainloading iPXE from WDSNBP (boot\x86\wdsnbp.com). Why do you do this? Why not just telling the client to load and boot iPXE directly?
To be able to help we need all the details of which server is answering what in both cases. I am willing to help you debugging this further if you take more wireshark packet dumps of the full boot process that is working (one where you only have a single DHCP server and USB LAN and one where several DHCPs are running but a PC with a different network card is booting properly). Please upload The three packet dumps (non working with USB LAN, working with single DHCP server and working with non USB LAN) here or to a different location where I can download those. In case you don't want to upload the files publicly just send me a private message with the links!
As well you need to tell us which USB LAN adapter you exactly have!! We need the exact VEN(DOR) and DEV(ICE) ID. Check out this screenshot on where to find those in windows: http://www.ccboot.com/upload/nicprop.jpg

As already mentions this is not an issue caused by iPXE. But I highly doubt that you'll get help from Microsoft ™ on this I am willing to offer my help if you provide the packet dumps!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Failed to restart TFTP issue - SebastianRoth - 2017-07-26 11:43

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)