The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 807 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 807 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wimboot - sccm tsbootshell.exe
2017-11-16, 18:59
wimboot - sccm tsbootshell.exe
Hi There,

So I am using wimboot with a boot image created on our SCCM environment, and this boots successfully using wimboot within ipxe from either a traditional BIOS environment or a UEFI environment.

the boot image itself has all the required drivers for the hardware I am using, so nics and disks are present and I can see these by doing an ipconfig or diskpart

it seems that tsbootshell.exe is having a bit of a problem in that smsts is logging multiple entries for boot wim. from the UI, it appears to hang on a dialogue for initialising hardware devices.. and then eventually prompts to restart with a "Unable to read task sequence configuration disk" this is usually attributed to missing drivers from the boot wim.

the smsts.log is reporting the following:
<![LOG[ConvertBootToLogicalPath failed to convert 'MULTI(0)DISK(0)RDISK(1)PARTITION(1)\SOURCES\BOOT.WIM (0x80070003)

I'm happy with the boot image because if I chainload the WDS/SCCM and have this image served up by TFTP, this runs successfully.

Any ideas as to what could be the cause?

Regards

Muzz
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
wimboot - sccm tsbootshell.exe - muzz - 2017-11-16 18:59

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)