The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 807 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 807 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't boot Windows/Ubuntu installer on new ThinkPad 13
2017-12-08, 15:52 (This post was last modified: 2017-12-09 16:17 by f4242.)
Can't boot Windows/Ubuntu installer on new ThinkPad 13
Hello,

I have successfully booted the Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.04 installer on different model of PC. Newer laptops often lack of network adapter built-in but I found that USB adapter were working great.

I received two Lenovo ThinkPad 13 G2 laptop. I can't boot the Windows or Ubuntu installer on theses laptops with IPXE and USB network adapter.

IPXE boot and display the boot menu. I select the item I want to boot. I see that the boot image is being downloader and then nothing. The windows installer stay stalled on the Windows logo and the Ubuntu installer just do nothing.

I built IPXE from source and I use this binary on my TFTP server: ./src/bin-x86_64-efi/ipxe.efi. The computer is configured to boot with EFI and Secure boot is disabled.

This is an extract of my menu.ipxe configuration:
Code:

:windows_10_pro_volume
kernel ${boot-url}/windows_10_pro_volume/wimboot
initrd ${boot-url}/windows_10_pro_volume/boot/bcd         BCD
initrd ${boot-url}/windows_10_pro_volume/boot/boot.sdi    boot.sdi
initrd ${boot-url}/windows_10_pro_volume/sources/boot.wim boot.wim
boot

:ubuntu_1604_netboot_developpeurs
kernel ${boot-url}/ubuntu/16.04_netboot/linux initrd=initrd.gz auto=true priority=high vga=788 locale=fr_CA.UTF-8 kdb-chooser/method=cf url=http://xxxx:****@nas.xxxx.ca:8080/ipxe$
initrd http://xxxx:****@nas.xxxx.ca:8080/ipxe/images/ubuntu/16.04_netboot/initrd.gz
boot || goto failed
goto start

I'm running the latest version available of IPXE on the git repository (commit b5e0b5). I had a previous version before and was not working too.

Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Can't boot Windows/Ubuntu installer on new ThinkPad 13 - f4242 - 2017-12-08 15:52

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)