The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 807 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 807 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ipxe and DNSMASQ
2018-01-13, 03:57 (This post was last modified: 2021-08-08 19:02 by NiKiZe.)
ipxe and DNSMASQ
I have a FOG server setup and working correctly. Because I am using it at home, my FIOS router also provides a DHCP server so I want to use DNSMASQ as a DHCP proxy server to handle requests and respond with a TFTP address. So far, this is all working correctly. When I PXE boot, it correctly gets a DHCP address from the FIOS router and DNSMASQ correctly provides the TFTP ip address. IPXE correctly loads but always prompts for a TFTP ip address. I know this usually occurs when there are multiple DHCP servers in the network but I have verified the only DHCP server is the one provided by the FIOS router. DHCPD is stopped on the FOG server. To test this, I disabled the DHCP server on the FIOS router, and the PXE boot just hangs as it never receives an IP address.
I also created a menu entry in the FOG server that executes the "config" command so I could look at the IPXE settings, and I verified that the NEXT-SERVER/Option 66 was correctly set to the ip address of the TFTP server.
If I manually enter the TFTP address, which the same as the FOG server, it PXE boots correctly to the menus entries I have configured on the FOG server.
What I can't figure out is why does IPXE always prompt for a TFTP address when it looks like everything is configured correctly and I have verified there is only the FIOS DHCP router providing DHCP. I'm so close to getting this to work! Help!

Below is my /etc/dnsmasq.d/ltsp.conf file.

Code:
port=0

log-dhcp

tftp-root=/tftpboot

dhcp-boot=undionly.kpxe,192.168.1.5

dhcp-option=17,/var/www/html
# tried both of below with no luck but these shouldn't matter since IPXE is loading
# dhcp-option=pxe,66,192.168.1.5
# dhcp-option=66,192.168.1.5

dhcp-option=vendor:PXEClient,6,2b

dhcp-no-override

pxe-prompt=.Press F8 for boot menu., 3

pxe-service=X86PC, .Boot from network., undionly.kpxe

# pxe-service=X86PC, .Boot from local hard disk., 0

dhcp-range=192.168.1.5,proxy,255.255.255.0
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
ipxe and DNSMASQ - JCDinPGH - 2018-01-13 03:57
RE: ipxe and DNSMASQ - JCDinPGH - 2018-01-14, 05:52

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)