Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSOD on windows 10 using iscsi and intel nuc
2018-04-10, 18:22 (This post was last modified: 2018-04-10 19:09 by Foxcolt.)
RE: BSOD on windows 10 using iscsi and intel nuc
(2018-04-10 18:18)NiKiZe Wrote:  
(2018-04-10 17:46)Foxcolt Wrote:  
(2018-04-10 17:41)NiKiZe Wrote:  So does it work as long as you don't install intels drivers? if so why are you installing intel drivers when it is already working?

Great question.
A requirement is that these pc’s be able to wakeonlan and without the intel driver installed they won’t wake up from s5 state :/

That is usually a bios option, but there is also settings on the device that you can do in windows, check the advanced settings for the device.

That's the conundrum unfortunately, when I first encountered this problem I figured I would just omit the intel driver, however the Windows 10 enterprise driver for this NIC does not support wakeonlan as there isn't a wakeonlan option in the advanced menu and testing wakeonlan with just the power options turned on unfortunately doesn't work (I can also see that there are no link lights when the device is off)

experimenting with installing the driver via the .inf file results in the same issue as well.

It's starting to look like I'm going to be out of luck on this one Huh

In case anyone ever comes across this very specific use case.

It looks like this setup works with a specific older intel driver.

From the latest driver download if you install the drivers from the NDIS63 folder (after unpacking the .exe file) the nic will show as driver version 12.18.8.7.

That specific driver did not BSOD on boot, whereas the latest 12.18.8.9 and previous 12.18.8.6 did cause BSOD's on boot.

This allows me to enable wakeonlan and installs the powershell cmdlets I need to complete the setup of these NUCs.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: BSOD on windows 10 using iscsi and intel nuc - Foxcolt - 2018-04-10 18:22

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)