Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UEFI 10G Intel X710/XL710 Hang Windows Splash Screen
2016-10-26, 21:16
RE: UEFI 10G Intel X710/XL710 Hang Windows Splash Screen
(2016-10-26 20:09)NiKiZe Wrote:  There is no native support for X710 in ipxe yet,
it have however been recently requested http://lists.ipxe.org/pipermail/ipxe-dev...05173.html
One request for native support was the speed issue.

You could test snponly.efi to force it to use the firmware NII/SNP mode but that is essentially what ipxe.efi falls back to when no native drivers are found. So checking for offical firmware/ROM upgrade might be worth a try.

The winpe hang can have many causes, I would check that the same wim works on another machine, and also that it works on this machine without the X710 NIC. Most of the time I have had issues with boot hangs due to Mass storage device drivers, rather then nic drivers or hardware. (I'm assuming you are using wimboot)

I tested the same scenario (dhcp/tftp/ipxe/script/wimboot/wim image) in another system that has a Broadcomm NIC and it booted fine that was what it led me believe that is was related to the driver. However, it could also be a wimboot issue. I also, tested snponly.efi with the same results as ipxe.efi. I will try booting the same system using another NIC to discard a MB issue and post the results.

Is there anything I can do to test and help the iPXE community and make this a win/win?

thank you for your prompt response NiKiZe, "gracias amigo" Cool.

Renato
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: UEFI 10G Intel X710/XL710 Hang Windows Splash Screen - renato - 2016-10-26 21:16

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)