Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SYSLINUX] chain pxelinux (4.02) not working
2011-10-13, 23:00 (This post was last modified: 2011-10-13 23:11 by mymycracra.)
[SYSLINUX] chain pxelinux (4.02) not working
Hi everyone,

I am just letting you know that the chainbooting with pxelinux from debian 'stable' (Version 4.02+dfsg-7) does not work.

I using the pxe dispatcher with this version it doesn't work, with the use of syslinux from 'oldstable' (Version 3.71+dfsg-5) the chainbooting works.

Any idea what could be the problem?

Note: letting you know that gPXE 4.02 does work with syslinux 4.02

Regards,
JM
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2011-10-14, 11:41
RE: [SYSLINUX] chain pxelinux (4.02) not working
As far as I know, iPXE (and gPXE) doesn't support the COM32R modules in syslinux 4.x, the old COM32 modules should work. Are you trying to directly run a COM32R module? Your phrase "chainbooting with pxelinux FROM debian stable..." doesn't make sense. Do you mean TO, not FROM, here? Or do you mean that you used the pxelinux.0 included with Debian Stable to try and PXE boot something (maybe debian)?

Your problems with the pxe dispatcher I've answered here, http://forum.ipxe.org/showthread.php?tid...6#pid1276. Please follow up on it there.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2011-10-14, 12:00 (This post was last modified: 2011-10-14 12:01 by mymycracra.)
thanks for the reply,

Quote:I am just letting you know that the chainbooting with pxelinux from debian 'stable' (Version 4.02+dfsg-7) does not work.

I just meant that the dhcp server is a debian squeeze, and I am using the syslinux provided by debian.

Here is the pxelinux.cfg:
Code:
default fai-generated

label fai-generated
kernel vmlinuz-2.6.32-5-amd64
append initrd=initrd.img-2.6.32-5-amd64 ip=dhcp  root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=/Data/fai/nfsroot boot=live FAI_FLAGS=verbose,sshd,createvt,debug FAI_ACTION=install

I might not understand well, but there is not COM32 modules.

And one quick question, does localboot should work because it doesn't:
Code:
default fai-generated

label fai-generated
localboot 0
2011-10-14, 13:22
Ok, finally I found my error. I tried to add some stuff near:
Code:
sub no_params {
    print $q->header('text/plain'), <<"EOM";
#!gpxe
echo Loading PXE script for \${net0/mac}
chain $root_url/$myself?uuid=\${uuid}&mac=\${net0/mac}&ip=\${net0/ip}&hostname=\${hostname:uristring}&serial=\${serial:uristring}&manufacturer=\${manufacturer:uristring}&product=\${product:uristring}
EOM
    return 1;
}

And made a mistake.

Sorry for the disturbance.

Regards,
JM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)