Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Booting iPXE on HP z840 efi
2017-09-19, 20:36
Booting iPXE on HP z840 efi
I am having trouble booting iPXE on a HP z840. The machine will boot iPXE fine when it is configure for Legacy BIOS booting. When I switch it to EFI, then iPXE hangs at "iPXE initializing devices..."

I have upgraded to the latest BIOS (version 2.34) and I am running the latest version of iPXE (7428ab). I built a debug version of iPXE using the following command

Code:
make bin-x86_64-efi/ipxe.efi TRUST=internal-ca.pem DEBUG=snp,snpnet,snponly,nii,efi_autoboot,efi_bofm,efi_console,efi_download,efi_​driver,efi_entropy,efi_fbcon,efi_file,efi_local,efi_pxe,efi_reboot,efi_smbios,ef​i_snp,efi_snp_hii,efi_strings,efi_time,efi_uaccess,efi_umalloc,efi_usb,efi_utils​,efi_watchdog,efi_wrap,efidrvprefix,efiprefix,efi_acpi,efi_block,efi_debug,efi_g​uid,efi_init,efi_pci,efi_timer

Running the debug build gave the attached output.

[Image: jOGg6pF.png]

It looks like a network driver issue. But I am not sure where to go from here. What can I do to try and resolve this issue?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-19, 23:04
RE: Booting iPXE on HP z840 efi
Could you try with snponly.efi and intel.efi instead of ipxe.efi and see if that helps, or at least for the sake of documentation of what works.

My guess is on a firmware issue, but it would probably be easier to debug this if you joined the IRC channel.

Use GitHub Discussions
VRAM bin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-09-22, 20:45
RE: Booting iPXE on HP z840 efi
This issue was debugged on IRC and has been fixed: http://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git/commitdiff/74d90b3
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)