Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hang on "... free base memory after PXE unload"
2019-08-05, 15:57
Hang on "... free base memory after PXE unload"
Hi iPXE-team,

within the FOG Project we have played with iPXE a lot but this is the first time I think I have ever seen a picture of a client hanging on the message "... free base memory after PXE unload" even before it would say "iPXE initializing devices..." - see picture below.

I have had a look at the code but I am not as good with assembly language. The last message stems from src/arch/x86/prefix/pxeprefix.S but I am not sure how to add debug information to see where it actually hangs.

Does anyone of you know the first entry into the C code where I could add more debugging to see if that's ever reached?

Thanks in advance!

Sebastian

[Image: OSW4zVREopJe]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2019-08-08, 17:57
RE: Hang on "... free base memory after PXE unload"
(2019-08-05 15:57)SebastianRoth Wrote:  within the FOG Project we have played with iPXE a lot but this is the first time I think I have ever seen a picture of a client hanging on the message "... free base memory after PXE unload" even before it would say "iPXE initializing devices..." - see picture below.

I have had a look at the code but I am not as good with assembly language. The last message stems from src/arch/x86/prefix/pxeprefix.S but I am not sure how to add debug information to see where it actually hangs.

Does anyone of you know the first entry into the C code where I could add more debugging to see if that's ever reached?

The next thing that happens after that message is to call libprefix's install() function to decompress the iPXE binary and move it to the appropriate locations in memory. Try building with DEBUG=libprefix and see if you get more messages.

Michael
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)