Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IPXE :: Windows 10 installation into iSCSI stuck in second stage (after first reboot)
2019-09-08, 22:18 (This post was last modified: 2019-09-08 22:20 by Andromeda_x.)
IPXE :: Windows 10 installation into iSCSI stuck in second stage (after first reboot)
Hi,

finally I successfully was able to mount iSCSI target for Windows 10 installation.

NOTE: set net0/gateway 0.0.0.0 was a key to reed off 'reconnecting' message for iSCSI target
(internet notes are referring to Windows 7 and I assumed that this line in boot.ipxe is not applicable to Windows 10, my assumption was incorrect)

The first stage of installation went through just fine and computer have rebooted (sanhook was substituted with sanboot before reboot).

The second stage stuck for more than 3 hours, the screen has black background with Windows logo and 'spinner' -- it looks like installation has stuck for quite a while.

Does anything required to be done so that the second stage of the installation was progressing as expected?

Thank you,
Andromeda_x
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2019-09-13, 09:03
RE: IPXE :: Windows 10 installation into iSCSI stuck in second stage (after first reboot)
Hello,

update: option netX/gateway allows to complete first stage of installation (copy files) but fails with following error after first reboot

Note: after first stage of installation sanhook replaced with sanboot
(VM system boots from iSCSI disk) [VMware Workstation 14]

Thank you,
Andromeda_x

--- Error Message -----------------------------
Recovery

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

The operating system couldn't be loaded because digital signature of a file couldn't be verified

File:\\Windows\System32\drivers\e1i65x64.sys
Error code: 0xc0000428

You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media (like a disk or USB device), contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer.
Find all posts by this user
2019-09-13, 09:33
RE: IPXE :: Windows 10 installation into iSCSI stuck in second stage (after first reboot)
I would like to make any future reader aware of that there is multiple threads on iSCSI boot of win10 on the forum, please search, read and add to existing threads, before creating new ones.

Use GitHub Discussions
VRAM bin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)