Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
proxyDHCP
2019-10-24, 12:46
proxyDHCP
Hi,

I've been trying to set a variable to the IP of the proxyDHCP server IP, but don't see the info I need exposed in the IPXE config menu

We use WDS as the proxyDHCP. IP Helpers are set on L3 devices which point to DHCP servers and WDS servers.

The PXE client gets DHCP IP and boot filename from ProxyDHCP (WDS) - I see there's a DHCP-Server value set but can't see any IP stored for the IP of the ProxyDHCP server that responds.

Am I missing something obvs here?

thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2019-10-24, 21:23
RE: proxyDHCP
You would probably want to run tcpdump or similar to see what is actually being sent.
but if I understand correctly you are looking for the proxydhcp/dhcp-server (or similar named) config setting?

Use GitHub Discussions
VRAM bin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2019-10-25, 09:00
(2019-10-24 21:23)NiKiZe Wrote:  You would probably want to run tcpdump or similar to see what is actually being sent.
but if I understand correctly you are looking for the proxydhcp/dhcp-server (or similar named) config setting?

yes that's exactly what I'm looking for. I've seen the property mentioned but don't see how I can expose the value. Is it possible without tcpdump?
Find all posts by this user
2019-10-26, 08:12
(2019-10-25 09:00)khanand Wrote:  yes that's exactly what I'm looking for. I've seen the property mentioned but don't see how I can expose the value. Is it possible without tcpdump?

First you make sure that the value reaches the client - and for that you use tcpdump to make sure the network setup is correct.

you can see the values in iPXE by running the config command
since it is a dhcp setting which has been given a name, you should see the setting in config menu - but if nothing is received it will be shown as "<not configured>" or similar

Use GitHub Discussions
VRAM bin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)