Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with BCM 57712
2012-11-09, 01:14
Issue with BCM 57712
PCI-e 10GbE SFP+ Dual Port Adapter:

undionly.kpxe-> ipxe.pxe -> When initializing, getting an error: iPXE initialising devices...
Try to free Memory without Signature

I think this was covered on the mailing the list back in August fairly thoroughly; are we still waiting for a new BNX2 driver?

I was thinking about building a Whitelist/Blacklist to undionly.kpxe to bypass known broken/ missing NIC drivers preventing loading ipxe.pxe and hitting the next step in the chain, but was unsure about what options there were in iPXE to determine a NIC hardware type in the undionly.kpxe environment - the ${product} variable would probably be close enough with Enterprise-class hardware and LoMs. I might have a script to share before to long...

"Thus far, you have been adrift within the sheltered harbor of my patience..."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2012-11-09, 09:29
RE: Issue with BCM 57712
The new bnx2 driver has still not been committed to mainline. I'm not sure what's holding it up. It could be the large firmware blob and licensing issues related to distributing it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2012-11-09, 09:32
RE: Issue with BCM 57712
(2012-11-09 09:29)robinsmidsrod Wrote:  The new bnx2 driver has still not been committed to mainline. I'm not sure what's holding it up. It could be the large firmware blob and licensing issues related to distributing it.

Thanks for the update!
It's not a huge deal. I'll just create a simple bypass script for known problem models with driver problems.

"Thus far, you have been adrift within the sheltered harbor of my patience..."
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)