Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having problems with simple 'make' - Junk at end of line...
2017-06-02, 13:33
Having problems with simple 'make' - Junk at end of line...
Hi all,
Unfortunately, I'm stuck on the first hurdle. I'm trying to build ipxe.efi. When ever I try the 'make' command (either just 'make' on its own or 'make bin-x86_64-efi/ipxe.efi' it gets to the end with 'Error: Junk at end of the line' several times as well as 'cannot resolve' (see below)

I'm using a full installation of Cygwin - installed with everything selected (just to be sure) - from what I can tell, this has all the pre-requisites needed for ipxe to be built. I've ran the installation a couple of time to make sure its all up to date. I've also removed the ipxe folder and re-downloaded with the git command.

When I run the make command initially it will go through a whole load of [DEPS] without any error message, subsequent attempts then just result in the same error below.

Thanks
Wayne.

error message from 'make'

/tmp/ccVBKOqP.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccVBKOqP.s:21: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `"'
/tmp/ccVBKOqP.s:37: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.previous'
/tmp/ccVBKOqP.s:85: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `"'
/tmp/ccVBKOqP.s:101: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.previous'
/tmp/ccVBKOqP.s:130: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `"'
/tmp/ccVBKOqP.s:146: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.previous'
/tmp/ccVBKOqP.s:194: Error: can't resolve `' { section} - `LFB107' {.text$null_san_hook section}
/tmp/ccVBKOqP.s:210: Error: can't resolve `' { section} - `LFB109' {.text$null_san_boot section}
/tmp/ccVBKOqP.s:218: Error: can't resolve `' { section} - `LFB110' {.text$null_san_describe section}
/tmp/ccVBKOqP.s:544: Error: can't resolve `' { section} - `LFB107' {.text$null_san_hook section}
/tmp/ccVBKOqP.s:603: Error: can't resolve `' { section} - `LFB109' {.text$null_san_boot section}
/tmp/ccVBKOqP.s:627: Error: can't resolve `' { section} - `LFB110' {.text$null_san_describe section}
/tmp/ccVBKOqP.s:1065: Error: can't resolve `' { section} - `LFB107' {.text$null_san_hook section}
/tmp/ccVBKOqP.s:1069: Error: can't resolve `' { section} - `LFB109' {.text$null_san_boot section}
/tmp/ccVBKOqP.s:1071: Error: can't resolve `' { section} - `LFB110' {.text$null_san_describe section}
make: *** [Makefile.housekeeping:916: bin/null_sanboot.o] Error 1
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)