iPXE discussion forum

Full Version: Boot vhd or any virtual hard disk file through internet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
iPXE supports iSCSI and so do most operating systems - but you never mentioned which OS you are supporting.

This also seems like a duplicate of existing thread about VHD And I would strongly suggest using the search function, both on the forum and internet Wink
(2017-07-26 19:43)NiKiZe Wrote: [ -> ]iPXE supports iSCSI and so do most operating systems - but you never mentioned which OS you are supporting.

This also seems like a duplicate of existing thread about VHD And I would strongly suggest using the search function, both on the forum and internet Wink

Thank's for replying, I've used the search function but i might looked for the wrong therms.
Altought we start with Windows but we aim to do the same with Linux and MacOS if possible.
(2017-07-26 19:47)guilherme.lima Wrote: [ -> ]Altought we start with Windows but we aim to do the same with Linux and MacOS if possible.

As I understand it, .vhd boot can only be from a local filesystem. I would instead suggest using iPXE to do an iSCSI boot http://ipxe.org/howto/wds_iscsi

The root path does not have to be provided via DHCP, it can be generated by an iPXE script, or static in an iPXE script.

Cheers
Reference URL's