iPXE discussion forum

Full Version: Menu doesn't display with framebuffer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi —

I'm new to iPXE. I really like it, but I'm having trouble with aesthetic parity to our pxelinux installation. I have a menu that works fine in VESA/BIOS console(?). But after I try to use the "console" command to configure the framebuffer console, "choose" does not display the menu. I can keyboard around and select something by counting keystrokes, and the correct result goes into the choose variable, but at no point does the screen change.

Working test case:
Code:
console
menu foo
item bar
choose baz
[menu displays; I press enter]
echo ${baz}
bar
Non-working test case:
Code:
console -x 800 -y 600
menu foo
item bar
choose baz
[cursor sits still and no menu displays; I press enter]
echo ${baz}
bar

Any ideas what this is? Did I miss something in the docs, or is there a known issue?
Alternatively, can anyone suggest how I might try to figure this out myself, other than RTFS?
I can't get this to work using my PC or using VMware, across multiple checkpoints (commits) of the codebase going back to when vesafb and framebuffer were implemented, using my ipxe script or others'. I'm at a loss and giving up but still would love any comments, suggestions, etc.
Reference URL's