iPXE discussion forum

Full Version: [DHCP] Not issuing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I am trying to setup a linux on a DELL Poweredge R610 (Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme II BCM5709 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 20)):
- The network receive the ipxe binairie (undionly.kpxe)
- then iPXE try to issue another DHCPDISCOVER, at least the console write:
[Image: dhcpfail.jpg]

And I don't see any DHCPDISCOVER on my dhcp server once iPXE is loaded, any idea what could be the problem?

But once I use the iPXE console i am able to do a dhcp net0 after a little while:
[Image: dhcpsuccess.jpg]

Regards,
JM
Bump Angel
A wireshark or tcpdump packet trace from your DHCP server's perspective might help debug the issue.
(2011-06-19 18:48)robinsmidsrod Wrote: [ -> ]A wireshark or tcpdump packet trace from your DHCP server's perspective might help debug the issue.

Hi,

Thx for answering, finally I changed the DHCP_MAX_TIMEOUT as followed:
#define DHCP_MAX_TIMEOUT ( 100 * TICKS_PER_SEC )

And now the DHCP request is issued correctly, apparently there a longtime of initialization for these kind of devices. I don't know if you want to change the default value?

Regards,
JM
(2011-06-20 10:59)mymycracra Wrote: [ -> ]Thx for answering, finally I changed the DHCP_MAX_TIMEOUT as followed:
#define DHCP_MAX_TIMEOUT ( 100 * TICKS_PER_SEC )

And now the DHCP request is issued correctly, apparently there a longtime of initialization for these kind of devices. I don't know if you want to change the default value?

Is this a spanning tree problem? You may need to enable "portfast" or an equivalent option on the switch port.

Michael
Reference URL's