iPXE discussion forum

Full Version: iPXE and hidden SSID
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
First of all as this is my first post here I want to thank the very good work you do here. Thanks.

I'm trying to install a kind of desktop using wireless and we were successful to init wireless adaptor to use WPA2-PSK auth model using an embed script from USB. This works like a charm, but if the SSID is hidden even though we know the SSID we are unable to associate to the AP.

Do you know if hidden SSID is currently supported by iPXE like when connecting to a hidden wireless network?

Thanks so much
As far as I know, hidden SSID should work, but you might want to examine the source code to verify. Although your testing seems to indicate the opposite. Definitely have a look at the source code or send the question out to the mailing-list where the developers that created the code in the first place linger.
Hi robinsmidsrod,
Thanks for your answer Smile

I will do that, as soon as I have the time I will try to check the code (I'm not a developer) and I will send the question to the mailing list.

Thanks so much.
Reference URL's