iPXE discussion forum

Full Version: TFTP Access Denied
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am trying to perform a Legacy PXE Boot of iPXE undionly.kpxe from a Windows 2012 Server running WDS. I have TFTP Enabled and accepting connections for all clients. Every time my client performs a PXE request it gets a DHCP reply to boot undionly.kpxe. Then it performs a TFTP Read of undionly.kpxe but the server sends back TFTP: Access Illegal Operation. Access Denied. If I stop WDS and run TFPTD32.EXE the transfer happens successfully but I need to use WDS because I want to use PXE chaining to boot a Windows 7 boot installation media after from WDS. I looked at everything on the WDS Server and cant find out why I am getting Access Denied. Is it possible to TFTP Boot undionly.kpxe from a Windows 2012 Server running DHCP Role and WDS Role?

Thanks,
Todd
Standard WDS configuration only allows access too \Boot\x64 but tftp normally uses forward slashes.

Please try the information at http://ipxe.org/appnote/chainload_wds#co...tp_service and post back if it solves the issue or not.
Reference URL's