iPXE discussion forum

Full Version: ipxe.efi chain working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I get error when I try

script added into ipxe
Code:
#!ipxe
shell

executed on the ipxe command line
Code:
dhcp
set filename Boot/x64/wdsmgfw.efi
chain tftp://${next-server}/${filename}

The error I get is:
BlInitializeLibrary failed 0xc0000001

Does this mean that ipxe does not have the code to chain to other efi executables yet?

also side note mcb30 said on irc that dhcp was not needed and ifopen net0 should work but it does not work.
(2015-07-24 22:29)skyman Wrote: [ -> ]I get error when I try

script added into ipxe
Code:
#!ipxe
shell

executed on the ipxe command line
Code:
dhcp
set filename Boot/x64/wdsmgfw.efi
chain tftp://${next-server}/${filename}

The error I get is:
BlInitializeLibrary failed 0xc0000001

Does this mean that ipxe does not have the code to chain to other efi executables yet?

also side note mcb30 said on irc that dhcp was not needed and ifopen net0 should work but it does not work.

EFI chain is supported, if it was not you would have gotten an error code in the http://ipxe.org/.... format from iPXE and not the above error that is from wdsmgfw.efi.

mcb30 clearly explained on IRC that ifopen takes the cached DHCP packet in Legacy UNDI mode, and that it was not yet supported in EFI. As well as explaining the specifics of ipxe requesting options (such as DNS server address, and other iPXE specific options) that is not available in the basic PXE scope unless they are forced sent by the DHCP server and thus it's better to always let ipxe make it's own DHCP request.
Reference URL's