iPXE discussion forum

Full Version: Automatic Installation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a iPXE setup and using the webserser to install the mounted isos. So the current workflow is -

a. Boot the bare metal machine and select the DVD as boot media. The disc has iPXE iso
b. On boot the iPXE menu is displayed (this menu - install.ipxe is on the webserver)
c. User selects the ISO to install from menu and the installation is done.

Now, I want to automate this process, so that automatically the ISO is installed on the bare metal machine. Is there a way in iPXE we can automation this entire installation process ?
(2017-05-12 16:29)sonipriy Wrote: [ -> ]I have a iPXE setup and using the webserser to install the mounted isos. So the current workflow is -

a. Boot the bare metal machine and select the DVD as boot media. The disc has iPXE iso
b. On boot the iPXE menu is displayed (this menu - install.ipxe is on the webserver)
c. User selects the ISO to install from menu and the installation is done.

Now, I want to automate this process, so that automatically the ISO is installed on the bare metal machine. Is there a way in iPXE we can automation this entire installation process ?

Yes. If you already have everything working for an installation based on a manual selection from an iPXE menu, then just use the http://ipxe.org/cmd/choose command's --default and --timeout options to have the default selection be made automatically.

Michael
Reference URL's