iPXE discussion forum
Disabling LACP entity - Printable Version

+- iPXE discussion forum (https://forum.ipxe.org)
+-- Forum: iPXE user forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Disabling LACP entity (/showthread.php?tid=1033)

Disabling LACP entity - electronsrock - 2011-10-26 17:24

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a way to disable the LACP entity within iPXE so that it no longer sends LACP packets actively or responds to LACP packets it might receive passively. I want it as if iPXE had no idea what LACP was and completely ignored it.

I was looking in ethernet.c, is it as simple as removing the lines at the bottom:

/* Drag in Ethernet slow protocols */
REQUIRE_OBJECT ( eth_slow );

so that eth_slow isn't dragged in?

The reason I ask is I'm troubleshooting a switch problem with regard to LACP and I want to eliminate iPXE as a problem.

RE: Disabling LACP entity - mcb30 - 2011-10-26 17:30

(2011-10-26 17:24)electronsrock Wrote:  I'm looking for a way to disable the LACP entity within iPXE so that it no longer sends LACP packets actively or responds to LACP packets it might receive passively. I want it as if iPXE had no idea what LACP was and completely ignored it.

I was looking in ethernet.c, is it as simple as removing the lines at the bottom:

/* Drag in Ethernet slow protocols */
REQUIRE_OBJECT ( eth_slow );

so that eth_slow isn't dragged in?

The reason I ask is I'm troubleshooting a switch problem with regard to LACP and I want to eliminate iPXE as a problem.

Yes, removing that REQUIRE_OBJECT() line will remove LACP support.

iPXE will never actively send LACP packets; it is only capable of sending LACP packets as responses to packets sent by the switch.

Michael