iPXE discussion forum
redirect to hark-disk boot after the installation finished. - Printable Version

+- iPXE discussion forum (https://forum.ipxe.org)
+-- Forum: iPXE user forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: redirect to hark-disk boot after the installation finished. (/showthread.php?tid=7239)

redirect to hark-disk boot after the installation finished. - papertigerv5 - 2014-03-14 04:03

I use the pxe and kickstart to install AIX OS automatically. And here i got a problem, hope somebody could help me out or give me a hint.

After finishing OS installation, the server still boot from network, and loop the installation infinite loop.

Is there any hint to prevent such situation without changing boot order manually ?

RE: redirect to hark-disk boot after the installation finished. - Torgeir - 2014-04-02 19:57

Have your pxe bootmenu boot local harddrive as default. If/when install, you choose "install".
Or something like that...

--Torgeir

RE: redirect to hark-disk boot after the installation finished. - HongLemleys - 2014-05-19 12:28

(2014-03-14 04:03)papertigerv5 Wrote:  I use the pxe and kickstart to install solar panels automatically. And here i got a problem, hope somebody could help me out or give me a hint.

After finishing OS installation, the server still boot from network, and loop the installation infinite loop.

Is there any hint to prevent such situation without changing boot order manually ?

Were you able to find the right solution..I have been facing similar boot issue so can you provide some information?

RE: redirect to hark-disk boot after the installation finished. - robinsmidsrod - 2014-05-19 14:51

Torgeir just explained it - tell it to boot from network first, and local boot second, and then make the default behavior of the network boot be just a simple exit after a timeout, with option to do something else.