Poll: Should a an iPXE-O-Matic website be posted at iPXE.org?
Yes, and it would stop people without a compile environment fron using the buggy gPXE.
No, we'd like to keep iPXE to ourselves.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
iPXE-O-Matic
2011-06-11, 05:44
iPXE-O-Matic
Has anyone thought to put one up? (Before anyone goes and voluntells me, I don't have a Hosting environment present.)

"Thus far, you have been adrift within the sheltered harbor of my patience..."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2011-06-11, 05:54
RE: iPXE-O-Matic
That would be great, as I'm now strugling to get a hold of (aka compile) an image, so that I can get rid of gPXE.
2011-06-11, 08:56
There has been some discussion about it on irc (#ipxe at irc.freenode.org). I'd suggest you join us there (or on the mailing list) if you're able to lend a helping hand.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2011-06-11, 21:38
(2011-06-11 08:56)robinsmidsrod Wrote:  There has been some discussion about it on irc (#ipxe at irc.freenode.org). I'd suggest you join us there (or on the mailing list) if you're able to lend a helping hand.

I have been off IRC for some time... I'd suggest a name without the "O-Matic" root. How about "Romantic"?
2011-06-12, 09:28
(2011-06-11 21:38)hsuanyeh Wrote:  I'd suggest a name without the "O-Matic" root. How about "Romantic"?

No name for the thing has been talked about on irc, except that it will probably be hosted as build.ipxe.org, and that it would be a web frontend to the compilation process that allows a web user to build any commit with modifications to config/*.h type settings, modified DEBUG values and possibly an embedded script via POST.

I suggested that the build request could be queued via a JSON request, but mcb30 wanted something that used path-info and the query string instead, so that it was possible to build permalinks to certain configurations on the fly (as people need them).

mcb30 ensured me that the ipxe build process was fast enough so that we could just build on the fly without any request queue management, but I think that might not scale well and will make it harder to handle multiple concurrent build requests from different clients (for different commits).

Hopefully this post will spark some more discussion on the topic.

And yes, I agree the "O-Matic" postfix should not be carried over from the earlier project.
2011-06-28, 16:07
I think being able to embed pxelinux is also a requirement (at least for me Wink )
2011-07-03, 03:36
Vell, vell, vell... "build.ipxe.org" does seem to resolve and have a webpage... veddy interesting.

"Thus far, you have been adrift within the sheltered harbor of my patience..."
2012-02-13, 09:05 (This post was last modified: 2012-02-14 13:53 by robinsmidsrod.)
Yes, and it would stop people without a compile environment fron using the buggy gPXE.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)