Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wimboot and windows8.1
2015-01-20, 23:24 (This post was last modified: 2015-01-20 23:27 by Aigor.)
Wimboot and windows8.1
Hi, i followed the guide for wimboot but i cant successfully start windows 8.1 installation on a VM under Vmware workstation, loading process of wimboot and stuffs it's ok, i can see screen installation, after select language installation start right but at the time to choice disk i can't see any disks and installation program claim no device driver were , it seems that wimboot cant serve install.img in rigth way.
For your information compiling ipxe.efi in room-o-matic website i can boot machine in uefi mode, but the problem still persist.

Installation-error
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2015-01-22, 09:08 (This post was last modified: 2015-01-22 09:10 by robinsmidsrod.)
RE: Wimboot and windows8.1
Follow http://ipxe.org/howto/winpe and make sure your Windows installer files are available on a network share (CIFS/SMB/Samba/Windows filesharing), or you'll get the error message above. The boot.wim you use to start setup.exe (windows installer) doesn't have the rest of the files needed for the installation and need to find it somewhere. Use Shift-F10 to pop up a shell where you can use the net use command to connect the network share with the installation files. If ipconfig doesn't report a local network connection then you also need to slipstream network drivers into your boot.wim for your network adapter. That is also explained on the above page.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)