The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 807 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 807 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driver Development
2017-06-18, 22:06
Driver Development
Hi to the group.

I need some basic assistance with the hopes of modifying a driver that will work with a Netgear FA411 PCMCIA adapter so that I can use iPXE. This is an OLD adapter 16 bit PCMCIA card ( I have the Netgear Linux driver source code for porting) that I use with a logic analyzer that only supports 16bit PCMCIA cards. So, I'm sort of stuck. My analyzer does not even have a USB drive nor CD ROM support. My ultimate goal is to get a PXE boot system running so that I can run Clonezilla remotely.

I successfully compiled the online src code and created bootable media but my old card is not recognized. I'm not a Linux buff by any means but I do have experience with writing C code, etc. and thought that it would be fun and challenging to try and get a driver modified to support my card. If anyone would be willing to give me some tips (and moral support) it would be appreciated.

My first basic questions is: Do I need to 'build' iPXE to support a single card or does the build attempt to accommodate a bunch of cards by polling, etc.

Anyway, hopefully some poor soul will find it in their heart to give me some advice. I guess I could search for a PCMCIA card that is already supported by iPXE but what fun would that be?
Thanks
Jim
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Driver Development - rfdes - 2017-06-18 22:06
RE: Driver Development - NiKiZe - 2017-06-19, 11:41
RE: Driver Development - rfdes - 2017-06-20, 13:28

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)