Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed to restart TFTP issue
2017-07-18, 16:12
RE: Failed to restart TFTP issue
(2017-07-18 09:30)richard_chen Wrote:  I am to an issue when iPXE load undionly.kpxe, it will show "Failed to restart TFTP",
Failed to restart TFTP.
TFTP download failed.
PXE-M0F:Exiting PXE ROM.

This has nothing to do with iPXE or undionly.kpxe, The above error is from your PXE ROM which don't get any TFTP response.

Every error with iPXE will show a http://ipxe.org/xxxx url which will give more information (always post such an url if you get any issues with iPXE)

(2017-07-18 09:30)richard_chen Wrote:  I use Wireshark get the Packets, I found NB can get boot\x86\wdsnbp.com by TFTP, but after NB show "Contacting Server: 100.110.3.4............", NB show error like above info, and during NB show "Contacting Server: 100.110.3.4............", there have only two type packets, one is "DHCP request", the other is "DHCP ACK"

Check that your dhcp exchange are working correctly, and that your dhcp packets have the TFTP server IP and a filname that it can load.

And then check your TFTP servers logs to see what is happening (wireshark should also show enough information if there is any TFTP packets)

If it works on some nics but not others, comparing dhcp responses to see if they have different information is one way.

Also make sure that the machine responds properly in the full DHCP negotiation.

Use GitHub Discussions
VRAM bin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Failed to restart TFTP issue - NiKiZe - 2017-07-18 16:12

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)