Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[solved] Problem with installation on iscsi target
2011-10-12, 19:20
RE: Problem with installation on iscsi target
OK guys,

you can shoot me.

I've found the troubleshooting page with the "Shift+F10" hint and tried to find the ipconfig output.

Guess what .....

Yes, I've gotten no ip since no driver was loaded for my network interface. I really thought a Realtek 8168 Gigabit interface would have a driver provided by the Windows install DVD.

Live and learn ......

For people like me unfamiliar with the Windows setup program, you can get a "DOS-like" shell in the setup when hitting "Shift+F10" and from there you can start to debug your problem.

I've loaded the driver from the Mainboard DVD and the iscsi device showed up as install target.

But there was another problem.

Windows setup told me that it could not install Windows on that device. Error code 0x80300001 .

But I got that figured out, too.

I just needed to delete all partitions and created a new one (windows will create 2. First one with about 200MB and a second one with the rest).

At least I thought so.

For a reason I don't quite understand I needed to delete those two partitions again (they were created by the setup program) and do this step again.

Once again Windows creates 2 partitons and this time it's a valid install target.

Hope that helps someone with similar problems.

Best regards

Marcus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem with installation on iscsi target - mcblack - 2011-10-12 19:20

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)