The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 807 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 807 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Booting iPXE on HP z840 efi
2017-09-19, 20:36
Booting iPXE on HP z840 efi
I am having trouble booting iPXE on a HP z840. The machine will boot iPXE fine when it is configure for Legacy BIOS booting. When I switch it to EFI, then iPXE hangs at "iPXE initializing devices..."

I have upgraded to the latest BIOS (version 2.34) and I am running the latest version of iPXE (7428ab). I built a debug version of iPXE using the following command

Code:
make bin-x86_64-efi/ipxe.efi TRUST=internal-ca.pem DEBUG=snp,snpnet,snponly,nii,efi_autoboot,efi_bofm,efi_console,efi_download,efi_​driver,efi_entropy,efi_fbcon,efi_file,efi_local,efi_pxe,efi_reboot,efi_smbios,ef​i_snp,efi_snp_hii,efi_strings,efi_time,efi_uaccess,efi_umalloc,efi_usb,efi_utils​,efi_watchdog,efi_wrap,efidrvprefix,efiprefix,efi_acpi,efi_block,efi_debug,efi_g​uid,efi_init,efi_pci,efi_timer

Running the debug build gave the attached output.

[Image: jOGg6pF.png]

It looks like a network driver issue. But I am not sure where to go from here. What can I do to try and resolve this issue?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Booting iPXE on HP z840 efi - jordanw - 2017-09-19 20:36

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)