The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 807 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 807 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue iPXE booting win10 1709 hyper-v vm
2018-03-02, 15:03
Issue iPXE booting win10 1709 hyper-v vm
We are using ipxe via FOG to image machines. It seems after the 1709 update, our (gen 1) hyper-v vms started having issues with ipxe. Attempting to network boot a vm after 1709 (that worked before with no changes) the machine will freeze at "ipxe initializing devices..." and loads up 100% on one core of the cpu. I have left the machine for at least 3 days without it progressing, so I'm pretty sure it has failed at that point. We were using an old version of undionly.kpxe, so I tried the latest master (47849 as of when I built it) and had the same problem.
I tried the intel and ipxe.kpxe files included with fog, which were probably old versions but exhibited the same behavior. Strangely gen 2 vms work without any issues. After much trial and error, I finally compiled an undionly.kpxe that functioned properly in FOG. Commenting out these lines allowed ipxe to continue correctly:
#define DOWNLOAD_PROTO_HTTPS
#define IMAGE_TRUST_CMD
#define CERT_CMD
Unsure why, yet it funtions properly for me now. While I do not need any https or certificate functionality, to me this seems like a bug or issue with compatibility with windows 1709 that you collectively may want to know about. If I have left out any relevant information, let me know and I'll try to respond.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Issue iPXE booting win10 1709 hyper-v vm - Paulman9 - 2018-03-02 15:03

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)