The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 807 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 807 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new to ipxe . uefi problem win sanboot
2018-07-02, 01:11
new to ipxe . uefi problem win sanboot
hi everyone,
I'm loving ipxe and i am using it's kernels with fog project to make a very powerful pxe server.
with the fog project server i also have an iscsi server that hosts several targets that are actually stuff like windows instalations, hiren's boot, and other tools.

The problem is that using sanboot in bios mode everything works fine, but as soon as i go to uefi boot it states that i can't have descripted san devices.
using no description works but the bootable drives fail to work properly : eg. hiren's boot will boot to a windows pe envoirment but it won't display the hiren's boot drive with all the important tool, windows will ask for the drivers because can't find them... etc...

what options do i have in my case? WDS is something i'm trying to avoid... as it's soooo much easy to compile a bootable iscsi drive and then just add a menu with whatever i want.
Plus, having diskless operation systems so i can test some computers would be awsome and nowadays most computers's bios are uefi.-
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
new to ipxe . uefi problem win sanboot - vascomorais - 2018-07-02 01:11

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)