Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EFI boot with ASIX to Ethernet
2018-10-22, 09:00
RE: EFI boot with ASIX to Ethernet
(2018-10-19 22:08)NiKiZe Wrote:  I think you missed to read the "before your first post" post, But Welcome non the less.

USB device support is not included in ipxe.efi builds (Since builds with usb device support kills other usb devices)
Quite sure the AX88772 isn't supported by ipxes native drivers, while the AX88772b is, but could you post the exact usbid? (use lsusb, and post full line for the nic)
To build a possible working iPXE for USB use make bin-i386-efi/ncm--ecm--axge.efi , which should include possible relevant drivers.

One other option is if the machines firmware supports the nic, and it provides an SNP or NII interfaces, if that was the case on your current combo, then it should already have been working with ipxe.efi.

Hi,

I did read the "before your first post" but when I finished writing the post, I didn't get a popup/notification that it was successful. Sorry, for the inconvenience.

I've tried
Code:
make bin-i386-efi/ncm--ecm--axge.efi

but i get an error
Code:
[BUILD] bin-i386-efi/stringextra.o
core/stringextra.c: In function ‘strtok’:
core/stringextra.c:189:18: error: nonnull argument ‘s’ compared to NULL [-Werror=nonnull-compare]
  sbegin  = s ? s : ___strtok;
            ~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
Makefile.housekeeping:862: recipe for target 'bin-i386-efi/stringextra.o' failed
make: *** [bin-i386-efi/stringextra.o] Error 1

Also here is the usb ID :
Code:
Bus 001 Device 007: ID 0b95:7720 ASIX Electronics Corp. AX88772
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: EFI boot with ASIX to Ethernet - ChrisLucas29 - 2018-10-22 09:00

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)