The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 807 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 807 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UEFI and BIOS
2019-02-02, 14:05
UEFI and BIOS
Hi all,

I'm a bit confused with what I need to do to make things work with both UEFI and BIOS. I don't have a DHCP server that's capable of presenting different options based on BIOS/UEFI - just the next server and image filename.

Some reading indicates that I might be able to get around this by embedding the script when building - would that script then handle differing images for UEFI/BIOS? If so, what do I use for the boot image in the DHCP configuration?

In case I'm going about this in the completely wrong way, here's what I'm looking to ultimately accomplish:
  • Machine (either UEFI or BIOS) boots from network
  • Menu option to chain to a local WDS server
  • Several menu options to boot Windows Server ISOs (aside from what's available in WDS). From reading, I understand that this might be wimboot?
  • Menu options to boot from a few Linux utility discs - mainly just clonezilla

I'd like to not have to rebuild the image every time I add an iso so I was thinking I could embed a script that does nothing but chain to a config file on a server that I can edit when needed and essentially not need to touch the built image unless I want to rebuild it with a new version of iPXE later.

Appreciate any help on this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
UEFI and BIOS - k_rock923 - 2019-02-02 14:05
RE: UEFI and BIOS - NiKiZe - 2019-02-03, 11:59
RE: UEFI and BIOS - k_rock923 - 2019-02-03, 16:00
RE: UEFI and BIOS - NiKiZe - 2019-02-03, 16:05

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)