Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chainloading (undionly.kpxe) ipxe is failing.
2019-12-12, 21:14 (This post was last modified: 2019-12-12 21:16 by NiKiZe.)
RE: chainloading (undionly.kpxe) ipxe is failing.
(2019-12-12 21:01)vpnchoudhary Wrote:  Sorry about the wrong link. Corrected the screenshot link.
My pxe server sends path to undionly.kpxe when host sends the first pxe/Discovery request. Which hosts seems to download fine and put the undionly stack on nic.
Host then sends another pxe/discovery request (this time with userclass = "iPXE") in return my pxe server sends an ipxe script:
Are you sure about that? Because iPXE reports no successful sent or received packages at all. Hmm that might be before open tho, sorry if so.

Some minor corrections here, undionly is loaded into memory, no script is sent by dhcp, only a path to it.

(2019-12-12 21:01)vpnchoudhary Wrote:  
Code:
#!ipxe

cpuid --ext 29 && set arch x64 || set arch x86
kernel wimboot
initrd ${arch}/images/bcd    BCD
initrd boot.sdi    boot.sdi
initrd ${arch}/images/mywinpeimage.wim    boot.wim
boot

At this point host fails but I don't if failed to download the ipxe script or failed to process it.
It seems that when undionly.kpxe loads then networking stack does not work.

Mac address is not private, at least please don't cross out the first 3 octets since that is useful to identify nic vendor. Just in case something is wrong there...

I will again suggest that you use ctrl+b and run dhcp manually
Follow that with ifstat and check if you have any packages sent.

You can then follow that with config, and check that you have proper filename (and maybe next-server as well if filename don't include protocol)

How long does it take between "Configuring (net0" and "operation canceled (http://ipxe.org/0b0720a0)" messages?

Use GitHub Discussions
VRAM bin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: chainloading (undionly.kpxe) ipxe is failing. - NiKiZe - 2019-12-12 21:14

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)