Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ipxe configuration from network and automatic OS selection from PXE boot menu
2013-04-16, 02:35
RE: ipxe configuration from network and automatic OS selection from PXE boot menu
(2013-04-10 07:27)kumesh Wrote:  Now as per our requirement, I want to fully automate this process. Like instead of selecting OS from the PXE boot menu manually, I need to achieve something like for this particular client machine specific OS needs to be installed.

I'm not really sure you can have the 'completely automated' side of things. You will still need to direct them to boot to one side or the other. You could easily do this with a simple web & db/file backend like Robin mentioned, with just a simple site to be able to put in the MAC, or another peice of unique ID that you can catch on, to direct how the machines boots.

Other then that, iPXE can help you in other ways, again as Robin mentioned, so no need to repeat.

With a little bit of time, you could get a really sweet setup going, would just require some work behind it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ipxe configuration from network and automatic OS selection from PXE boot menu - Sedorox - 2013-04-16 02:35

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)