Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iSCSI boot shows error at boot time using OpenELEC
2013-09-22, 15:36
RE: iSCSI boot shows error at boot time using OpenELEC
A 512MB image should take approx. 5 seconds on gigabit Ethernet (unless the HTTP server fetches from the network too, in which case timings are usually doubled), so you have an issue of some kind here. Did you do the tests with a direct cable between the two cards, or was there a switch or hub in-between? A switch could cause other packets to arrive on the port that shouldn't be there, confusing the lotest.

I think this issue is most likely better sent to the developer mailing-list. There _could be_ an error in the realtek driver, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to figure it out. I would suggest you create a table of all the tests, mark each as pass/fail, and include information about your test setup, what cards you're using and anything else you could think of that would be required to reproduce your failing tests.

Just forgot to ask, are you using ipxe.pxe or undionly.kpxe? If you're using undionly.kpxe some underlying PXE drivers do not implement what's needed for high MTU to work properly, and you might get failures. If so, try ipxe.pxe and see if it gives you the same problem. Also try to perform the tests from power-off to ensure warm reboot doesn't cause the NIC's EEPROM to be left in a funky state.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: iSCSI boot shows error at boot time using OpenELEC - robinsmidsrod - 2013-09-22 15:36

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)