The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 807 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 807 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Invalid image file (Burning iPXE to Intel NIC)
2013-07-26, 23:33
Invalid image file (Burning iPXE to Intel NIC)
Hi!

After relocating my server, I got the brilliant idea that while it's down, I should update my iPXE flash on the Intel NIC, since the one I'm currently running is from 2011. Also, I wanted to replace the embedded script with a dynamic one loaded from a webserver.

Anyway, after 3 days of bashing my head against the wall, not being able to flash (burn) the latest iPXE to the NIC, I'm hoping someone here might have a few tips.

The issue I'm running into is that when I run BootUtil.exe with the following parameters:

bootutil -nic 1 -restoreimage -file 808610c9.rom

I get this error:

"Invalid image file 808610C9.ROM"

Now I've googled myself half to death, and did come over this thread. The thing about the size of the image file did ring a bell, and so I built a new one with less features, so that it's now at 61,440 bytes, which should be well below the 64KB limit. So I tried again, bit no luck. Still get the same error.

Then I tried using the older utility as suggested in the same thread, but that utility/version doesn't recognize my NIC (8086:10c9 - Intel 82576).

So I'm pretty much stuck now.

It's obviously possible to flash the 82576 with iPXE, as that's exactly what I have been using for the past couple of years, but I can't for the life of me remember how I did it, so again, any help or tips will be greatly appreciated!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Invalid image file (Burning iPXE to Intel NIC) - Crusnik01 - 2013-07-26 23:33

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)