The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 807 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 807 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HyperV 2012R2 boot to iSCSI via iPXE
2013-10-28, 23:56
Sad HyperV 2012R2 boot to iSCSI via iPXE
Hi,
I am new to iPXE and diskless booting so hopefully someone can help.

I am in testing mode using the standard iPXE.iso and running manual commands which as far as I can tell are working ok up to the windows installation where it cant find a disk. I suspect I need to do something with the iSCSI iniatiator in the boot.wim but thought I would ask a few questions first.

Q1. If I let the stardard iPXE boot it doesnt find the dhcp server and get an address, however when I CTRL-B and type DHCP it gets it straight away. Should I use DHCP || Retry_DHCP in a script to get round this when I compile my own custom image?

Q2. I simply boot with iPXE.iso on a USB pen, CTRL-B and type DHCP to get my IP.
Then I type sanboot iscsi:192.168.1.29::::iqn.1991-05.com.microsoft:hyperv-rep01-golden-target
This attaches the VHD as disk 0x80 and fails to boot. This is good as its just a blank VHD.
I then type exit and my bios continues to boot from DVD which has HyperV 2012R2.
We start this install and it gets as far as picking a disk to install to. It shows nothing but asks for drives to be installed.
(My Windows 2012 Storage Server shows the iSCSI Target connected ok so I know it looks good from that side of things).

Thanks

David
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HyperV 2012R2 boot to iSCSI via iPXE - davids - 2013-10-28 23:56

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)