The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 807 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 807 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPXE deployment with WDS
2013-11-26, 18:35
iPXE deployment with WDS
Dear all,

Trying to iSCSI boot some VM's for test purposes. Will use that experience as base for day to day use and booting physical machines.

Have carefully read the tutorials on site and others i could find. Tried some of them in my lab environment.

So here is the setup: Hyper-V server with DHCP, WDS, IIS and file server + ISCSI target. Domain controller (VM) + some other test VM's all domain joined.

Tried chainloading the "undionly.kpxe" with WDS TFTP server. It does not work because i think the WDS answers first and never get to load the file. Is that even possible with the limited TFTP from WDS?

If not please advise me on a quick to install TFTP. Do note i have the capability to install a new server (unlimited windows licences but only for the lab) but as i am heavily relying on WDS for machine deployment i would like to use what i have so far and not complicate things too much.

Also note i am a complete noob outside of windows but willing to do some learning and trial and error work.

Please advice.

Thank you very much,
Draculea
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
iPXE deployment with WDS - Draculea - 2013-11-26 18:35

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)