Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPXE deployment with WDS
2013-11-30, 18:37
RE: iPXE deployment with WDS
Robin you were right. These 2 seem to exclude each other:

no san hook means WDS works flawless. San hook or boot without the gateway to 0.0.0.0 does not work.

I do have a Pfsense VM i can use as a router to make debugging faster and some other physical routers.

Also i copy pasted much of your menu work to do some fallback menus for WDS and some other stuff. Thanks for that.

So you have some other ideeas?

(2013-11-29 23:40)robinsmidsrod Wrote:  It is normal that the iSCSI server reports that the connection is dropped and re-established. This is part of the hand-over from iPXE to Windows. Which is done using the iBFT memory region.

Is WinPE having problems getting an IP if iSCSI is not connected (no sanhook command used)? If so, the iSCSI connection might be causing some form of problem.

You might also have the typical routing issue in your network, which can be worked around with set netX/gateway 0.0.0.0 to ensure Windows will connect directly to your iSCSI target instead of going through your router. Obviously you can't do that if your iSCSI client and server are on different subnets.
You put it before the sanhook command.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
iPXE deployment with WDS - Draculea - 2013-11-26, 18:35
RE: iPXE deployment with WDS - Draculea - 2013-11-30 18:37

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)