The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 807 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 807 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow FTP/'Try to free memory without signature'
2013-12-19, 19:16
Slow FTP/'Try to free memory without signature'
Hi! This is a bit of a weird one. I have two Dell PowerEdge servers before me, an R210 II and an R720, and I'm trying to boot them both into a WinPE image. wimboot works wonderfully and saves me from the elaborate process I had to go through with gpxe in order to boot different WinPE images. Sadly, I'm running into two problems:

1. If I use rom-o-matic to build ipxe.kkpxe with undionly, the R210 II won't boot. It gives the 'Try to free memory without signature' error that comes up in some google results without any resolution that I saw. The R720, on the other hand, soars like a mighty eagle into WinPE.

2. So if I forge bravely forward and try to make my own undionly.kkpxe by cloning the git repository and running 'make bin/undionly.kkpxe', then the R210 II works, but FTP goes extremely slowly for both servers.

I realize, or I guess assume, that rom-o-matic isn't an official ipxe thing, but isn't it pulling from the same git repository I am? As far as I can tell I'm building with the same options - kkpxe, 'undi only', FTP flipped on. Is there any way I can achieve both these things - swift FTP and booting R210s?

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Slow FTP/'Try to free memory without signature' - alex_knox - 2013-12-19 19:16

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)