Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Problems with Asus Z87-K MB: NIC Does not reset after boot
2014-03-17, 18:23
RE: [SOLVED] Problems with Asus Z87-K MB: NIC Does not reset after boot
(2014-03-17 12:08)sebastian Wrote:  Here it come. I now post 4 variants.

Thanks for that. There are many differences between the cold-boot and warm-boot cases, which is puzzling since it suggests that the chip reset functionality isn't actually doing much.

The warm-boot success and failure cases have the following differences:

- the Receive Configuration Register (offsets 0x44-0x47) has the value 0x00024f0e in the success case but 0x01024f0e in the failure case

- the Power Management Wakeup Frame0 register has a different value

- an unknown register at offset 0xd2 has the value 0x00 in the success case but 0x04 in the failure case.

Since we know the problem is with the receive datapath, the Receive Configuration Register looks to be the most likely culprit. The difference is in bit 24, which is listed in the 8168B datasheet as "reserved", and isn't defined in any other Realtek datasheet I can find. (I am unable to find datasheets for the later 8168 variants, which apparently do support RSS.)

I have pushed an extra commit to the "asusz87k" branch, which should clear bit 24 of the Receive Configuration Register. Could you test this and see if it makes any difference?

Thanks,

Michael
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SOLVED] Problems with Asus Z87-K MB: NIC Does not reset after boot - mcb30 - 2014-03-17 18:23

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)