Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to adjust iSCSI target boot information in Ubuntu 14.04?
2014-07-21, 21:18
RE: how to adjust iSCSI target boot information in Ubuntu 14.04?
If you look at the example I have for Ubuntu 12.04 at https://gist.github.com/robinsmidsrod/22...-ipxe-L318 you can see that I use dedicated parameters to setup the iscsi information during installation. If 14.04 has improved things a bit, it should use the iBFT to pick up the current target instead of the one coded during install time.

Although, if that doesn't work you might need to actually mount the target after it is cloned and change the name of the target inside the initrd. My guess is that is somewhat tricky. I'd instead dive deep into the ubuntu initrd and check if it was possible to boot the machines directly using a kernel+initrd and specify the target to use on the kernel command line. That would mean that each machine would not be able to choose which kernel it loads, and they'd all have to boot the same one. If that is acceptable for your environment, I think that is the easier choice.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: how to adjust iSCSI target boot information in Ubuntu 14.04? - robinsmidsrod - 2014-07-21 21:18

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)