The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 807 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 807 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems building under Ubuntu 14.10
2015-02-02, 13:22
Problems building under Ubuntu 14.10
Hello all,

First off I'm an IPXE newbie so forgive me if this turns out to be a stupid question. I looked around in the forum and did not see any mentio of it (not that I could locate searching). Huh

I am trying to rebuild ipxe to embed a simple wmiboot script. First I used the GIT version and ran into errors, then I tried the 'release version from the Ubunto catalogs and had different problems. I can succesfully build the version from the catalogs, which is older, but it does not work (I get errors 'failed load ldlinux.c32' from iso and 'Boot Error' from the liso version). I am trying to boot them in a Hyper-V VM to test them before going to a remote site to setup a classroom with stations using ipxe. The version I can build from the ubuntu catalogs is 1.0.0+git-20131111.c3d1e78 (builds but will not boot). The prebuilt iso downloaded from your site boots fine on the same VM.

When I try to build the GIT version I get what appear to be errors from the bash scripts geniso and gendsk (also tried a floppy image). I get these errors from the GIT version whether I EMBED the script or not.

The errors I get from the GIT version are:
after issuing make bin/ipxe.iso Sad

[GENISO] bin/ipxe.iso
util/geniso: line 4: $'\r' command not found
util/geniso: line 5: syntax error near unexpected element ´$'\r''
'til/geniso: line 5: ´function help() {
arch/i386/Makefile.pcbios:59: recipe for target 'bin/ipxe.iso
' failed
make: ***[bin/ipxe.iso] Error 2

NOTE: I am working on a spanish language system and 'translating' the messages so they may not be precise. on third line the element starts with a backtick, but my international keyboard may not have generated it correctly.

Any ideas ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Problems building under Ubuntu 14.10 - dlb99 - 2015-02-02 13:22

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)