The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 807 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 807 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem installing Windows to a iSCSI drive via iPXE
2016-02-26, 08:27
Problem installing Windows to a iSCSI drive via iPXE
I setup a DHCP/TFTP and iscsi target server box (win2012r2) to boot client, pxe boot chained to undionly.kpxe.
When client booted up, I saw ipxe showed "Preserving SAN device 0x80"
Since the iscsi drive had no OS installed, it turned to boot from the 2nd boot device - an installation DVD for windows 2008 r2 standard server.
After entering the setup interface to select destination disk, the iscsi drive was in "offline" status, putting the iscsi drive online and I cannot go the next step, receiving error message:
"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer’s hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk’s controller is enabled in the computer’s BIOS menu."
Whatever I treated the iscsi drive, creating partition, formatting, converting to mbr..., all not work.
And I noticed one thing that during the installation prebooting, the iscsi target was found to turn to "disconected" before entering "select language" stage. So I doubt that something caused the installation program disconnected from iscsi drive that make the setup failed.

Any help will be greatly grateful!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Problem installing Windows to a iSCSI drive via iPXE - psfan - 2016-02-26 08:27

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)