Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem installing Windows to a iSCSI drive via iPXE
2016-03-08, 21:34
RE: Problem installing Windows to a iSCSI drive via iPXE
(2016-02-26 08:27)psfan Wrote:  I setup a DHCP/TFTP and iscsi target server box (win2012r2) to boot client, pxe boot chained to undionly.kpxe.
When client booted up, I saw ipxe showed "Preserving SAN device 0x80"
Since the iscsi drive had no OS installed, it turned to boot from the 2nd boot device - an installation DVD for windows 2008 r2 standard server.
After entering the setup interface to select destination disk, the iscsi drive was in "offline" status, putting the iscsi drive online and I cannot go the next step, receiving error message:
"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer’s hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk’s controller is enabled in the computer’s BIOS menu."
Whatever I treated the iscsi drive, creating partition, formatting, converting to mbr..., all not work.
And I noticed one thing that during the installation prebooting, the iscsi target was found to turn to "disconected" before entering "select language" stage. So I doubt that something caused the installation program disconnected from iscsi drive that make the setup failed.

Any help will be greatly grateful!

I am having very similar issues trying to use Windows Server 2008 R2 as the target server and trying to use win 7 as the client.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem installing Windows to a iSCSI drive via iPXE - CMPE_GRAD - 2016-03-08 21:34

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)