Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Background not work on Microsoft VirtualPC
2017-03-01, 16:12 (This post was last modified: 2017-03-01 16:24 by Gelip.)
RE: Background not work on Microsoft VirtualPC
(2016-04-06 12:29)mastacontrola Wrote:  I am only trying to help understand what and where things are going wrong. I'm not trying to lead you into a wrong direction or anything. When you say "it didn't help" says to me that it failed at the same point? Really it gives almost NO information at all.
In 2013, I encountered for the first time with iPXE and use Debian Squeeze for locally build. Then enough to install these packages:
  • apt-get install git
  • apt-get install build-essential
  • apt-get install syslinux
  • apt-get install genisoimage
but iPXE since version Sat, 21 Feb 2015 16:29:53 +0200 {zbin} Use LZMA compression requires additional package:
  • apt-get install liblzma-dev
That's all Cool

I also found another BIOS S3 which operates iPXE background: 1-s3vgdx.bin

Alternative BIOS'es work but there are some minor problems with GRUB in graphics mode. When you start the Debian Live in graphics mode e.g. vga=789 800x600 is a black screen during:
  • 3,05 minutes when VGA bios is 86c375_3.bin
  • 4,05 minutes when VGA bios is 1-s3vgdx.bin
In text mode, I have not noticed any problems Smile

Debian terminal console installed on disk in graphics mode have problem clear/refresh screen:
[Image: 8001941m.gif]
I found it: GRUB gfxpayload
Quote:Depending on your kernel, your distribution, your graphics card, and the phase of the moon, note that using this option may cause GNU/Linux to suffer from various display problems, particularly during the early part of the boot sequence. If you have problems, set this variable to ‘text’ and GRUB will tell Linux to boot in normal text mode.

To resolve this problem simply need increase GRUB menu timeout from 5 to 6 seconds:
Code:
    nano /etc/default/grub

change GRUB_TIMEOUT=5 to 6

update-grub
    reboot
Strange, but one second helps Huh

Other problems have not noticed. Any operating system is working properly Cool

Probably replacing VGA BIOS can also be used in Hyper-V
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Background not work on Microsoft VirtualPC - Gelip - 2017-03-01 16:12

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)